These little steps can make a huge difference in cognitive thinking:
- Make sure you get enough essential fatty acids. The brain is made up of 60% fat, and if we do not get enough fat, we do not feed the brain. Getting your fats will lower your risk of getting Alzheiemer’s disease by 38%. Walk for half an hour, and that figure jumps to 60%.
- Omega 3s 1000 mg a day
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin E
- Control your Cholesterol, BP and diabetes: All three diseases threaten the arteries and hamper oxygen to the brain. Ignoring them increases your risk of dementia by 46%.
- Enjoy that second cup of coffee. This will lower your risk by 67%.
- Quit Smoking. Smoking boost your risk of Alzheimer’s by 157%!!!
- Moderate Drinking. No more than one drink a day for woman, and two per day for men. EXCEPTION: If you or your loved one is already showing signs of foggy brain (memory slips and slowed thinking) then consider giving up alcohol all together. Alcohol doubles the risk of dementia once there are signs of trouble.
Until next time,