In less than 24 hours since Donald Trump has been named the President-elect of the greatest nation on this earth, it’s become apparent he’s being given far more credit than he’s d…
While I was at The Truth About Cancer Symposium last weekend, I heard a presentation about ‘bio-sludge.’ I had never heard this term, and perhaps you haven’t either.
In our state, Texas, we can go to the local home goods store and buy a product that is touted as organic compost and soil conditioner. Now, organic is good, and conditioning is good. However, what exactly is in it? This product is reclaimed human bio-sludge. This means that this product is made from human wastes, collected at the sewer treatment plants in Austin (and other cities and states).
Dillo Dirt contains toxic chemicals. Per CWC Labs, here are some disturbing statistics in ‘parts per billion’:
Now, besides the ick-factor of putting human waste products on the ground that I am trying to grow fresh vegetables, in addition to the heavy metals above, there are also over 300 chemicals and veterinary drugs. Remember, people put out-dated prescriptions down the toilet. These become part of the bio-sludge.
Now if that is not enough, the EPA is distributing this ‘organic soil conditioner’ free of charge to our poor inner-cities’ parks, playgrounds, and schools. Please see the link below as to some of the health hazards that can occur if we are contaminated with this ‘soil conditioner.’
Until next time,
We are constantly searching for products that are better for us. Better nutritionally, better socially, and better for our homes and skin. I just returned from a conference where some brand new personal care products were debuted. I know some of the board of directors, and I know the chief scientific advisor. I can tell you that these products are BARE. This is what they don’t have:
SLS – Sodium Lauryl/laureth sulfate
Sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate is a harsh surfactant found in almost all conventional industrial cleaners, cosmetics, shampoos, toothpastes, body washes, hand soaps, laundry detergents, and much more. The Environmental Working Group’s (EWG) Skin Deep Cosmetics Database rates it as a moderate hazard, and it has links to organ toxicity, eye and skin irritation, reproductive toxicity, endocrine disruption, and possible cellular mutations that may lead to cancer and more.
When benzoic acid–which occurs naturally in some fruits and spices–is combined with sodium hydroxide, the resulting chemical is a dissolvable preservative. It’s used in cosmetics, soda drinks, salad dressings, shampoos, lotions, and much more.
While more natural versions on this chemical do exist, they are very rarely used. Sodium benzoate is also suspect in helping to cause behavioral issues in children, especially when combined with other food additives.
Harmful Parabens & Phthalates
Parabens are another commonly used preservative, and have been suspected of increasing breast cancer risk due to the fact that they mimic the female hormone estrogen. Phthalates are used to make plastics more flexible. They are also known endocrine disruptors and are linked to adult male reproductive problems and birth defects in the reproductive system of infant boys.
This product line has been stripped bare of these chemicals. These products are Certified Organic, powered by BARE essential oils, and are synthetic free. They are 100% plant based! What’s more, they actually work the way they are supposed to.
To learn more about these products, please check out my website: www.yorhealth.com/drpolly
Until next time,
This post is for Christians only. I do not want to get in a ying/yang back and forth concerning the pros and cons. However, as a community, Christians are doing a disservice to Christ when we are ugly towards people whom we don’t even know. Christ is the head of the Church, and it is up to him to judge the intent and contents of the heart.
In this crazy pre-election season, I am shocked and appalled at some of the comments that I have seen in the newsletters and on social media. I say shame on you! None of us know Donald Trump personally. None of us know Hillary Clinton personally. What we do know is their track record.
The only thing we know is what is public record. We do not know the heart nor the intents of each of these professionals. What we do know is that past behavior indicates future actions.
I want to remind my righteous friends who are in the ‘never Trump’ camp, you need to be very careful of your judgment. I remember a very good king, in fact, a king after God’s own heart that was rejected by the Judge of Israel. When God sent Samuel to anoint the replacement for Saul, Samuel was very eager to anoint the first candidate, Eliab. He looked very kingly, but God had rejected him. In fact, God chose someone who had no experience, was not born to the right family, and who had no religious qualifications. (See 1 Samuel 16)
There is another Ruler that was chosen by God that was an absolute heathen. Cyrus was a king of Persia, and the Bible says that the Spirit of God stirred up the heart of Cyrus. (Ezra 1:1) It was through the actions of Cyrus (a heathen king) that the Kingdom of God was advanced in the ancient world. Who’s to say that God is not going to move in this election? The Bible plainly says that the heart of the king is in the hands of the Lord. (Proverbs 21:1)
I am very tired of seeing/hearing comments from religious talking heads that comment on failed marriages as a litmus test of godliness. Yes, we know the divine plan for marriage is one man for one woman for life. However, many times real life falls short of the ideal. We have no idea why the marriages failed. It is none of our business. When you piously comment on the candidates’ past moral/ethical failings, it would behoove you to remember that the Bible commands us to be careful when we judge others, lest we be judged in the process.
What we need in America is a statesman. We need a person who is a bridge builder, not a career politician who would want to further the status quo. Our Government is corrupt, as we can tell by the Director of the FBI judging acts as to be criminal, yet forgoing to prosecute those acts. My fellow Christians, no one of us should be above the law.
It would be a breath of fresh air to have our governmental officials cooperating with one another in order to further the American Dream for all its citizens. Where there is lawlessness at the top of our government, and recent events have shown that there is, we cannot expect to have lawful communities at the grassroots level. Leadership starts at the top, and it is high time for us to demand that our leaders lead appropriately.
For those of you who say you will write in a different candidate, how selfish are you? A write-in candidate hurts both sides, and while it is a protest vote, it is a waste of everyone’s time, and it is squandering the blood of those who fought for us to have that privilege.
I do not have a crystal ball, and I have no idea who God would pick as the leader of our nation. However, I do believe that our electoral process works. It’s too bad that your pet candidate did not win the nomination, but for God’s sake, and the sake of our nation, buck up and unify behind one of the two candidates on offer.
May God’s will be done.
Until next time,
People are interested in Naturopathic Medicine, but they do not always know the right questions to ask, or maybe, they do not know what they are buying into. Alternatively, they may not know what it required as far as money, lifestyle changes, and the efficacy of the program. The whole process can be quite mysterious, as it is outside what we normally experience in medical care. Let’s discuss some common questions, and see what the true answers are.
Do Holistic Clinics take insurance? No, we don’t. We do not because the federal government does not recognize holistic health care as a viable model. The structure of our health care system is based on a Collection of symptoms + Disease label = drug prescription. Insurance companies are in the business of helping you pay for disease care using prescriptions and medical providers who practice allopathic medicine.
The National Cancer Institute defines allopathy as: A system in which medical doctors and other healthcare professionals (such as nurses, pharmacists, and therapists) treat symptoms and diseases using drugs, radiation, or surgery. Also called biomedicine, conventional medicine, mainstream medicine, orthodox medicine, and Western medicine.
Holistic practitioners are not in the business of treating a symptom. We have a different set of tools that can look at the cause of the symptom. A Naturopath will help the body recover from the cause of the symptom, and the symptom will disappear.
- Many people think that they cannot afford the costs of visiting a naturopath because insurance does not cover it. They are hesitant to spend ‘their own money’ when they can spend the ‘insurance’ money with orthodox medicine. This is a valid concern. However, you need to ask yourself if suppressing a symptom (which is what prescription medicines do) is the right way to maintain or regain your health. Suppressing a symptom does not change the condition of the body. The symptom may go away and you may feel better, but the disease process has not been addressed. This approach is somewhat akin to driving your car, seeing a ‘service engine’ light come on, and then going into the garage and asking the mechanic to turn off that light. The mechanic can turn off the fuse for that warning light, but the underlying problem has not been addressed. This is what happens with allopathic medicine. The warning symptom is turned off, but the cause of the malady is not addressed.
- One of the questions I often hear, is how can I be sure this will work? There are no guarantees in life. However, the grand design of the body has not changed since the dawn of time. The body is a survival organism. We were designed to eat good food, work good work, sleep good sleep, and repeat… The body is designed to repair itself and to regenerate its parts in a circadian rhythm. When we mess with those rhythms, we do damage to the repair cycle. However, if you give the body good nutrition in the form of good whole foods, clean, plant based supplements and vitamins, and then the body will begin and complete the repair process. The repair process is not an overnight occurrence. It can take 30-90 days to see a significant change. However, we have many people who start feeling better within a day or two. The finished work of healing takes many more days/weeks.
- Another question we hear is that people are concerned about the changes a naturopath will recommend. These changes are dietary, lifestyle and environmental. These changes must start with education. People do what they do because they do not know any better, or they do not know that what they are doing is hurting them. Education is key. If I can explain the wisdom of the desired changes, then you, as a consumer will see the benefit and will be motivate to change. In our practice, we actively engage our clientele so that they can understand and cooperate with the changes that we want to make. This education also dispels some false information. Many times, in a consultation, people will be amazed at what they thought was truth is just something that is propagated on Social Media, with no fact behind it.
- The other most asked question is, “When will I start to feel better?” There is no magic answer. The ‘official’ answer is “It depends on how long it takes your body to start to recover, “which in my opinion is not a good answer at all. It is a TRUE answer, but it does not answer the emotion behind the question. The emotion behind the question is one of hope. People want to know when they will feel better. While there is no absolute answer, there are several determining factors:
- Is the patient compliant? Is there the commitment to follow the unique protocol in all of its particulars and on the specified time-line?
- Are the products at a high level of therapeutic value? This means is there enough of each ingredient at a high enough vibrational frequency to effect a change in the body? Not all supplements are created equal. Many are full of fillers and contaminants. This is especially true of low-cost supplements.
- Does the practitioner have sufficient knowledge and a track record of success and clinical results? This means that there are satisfied clients who will testify that they have been working with the practitioner and the practitioner has helped them overcome their health challenges. There should be clinical proof in the form of changed blood work.
- How long has the body been in a diseased/dysfunctional/depressed state? If the health concerns are long standing, it will take a bit longer to see improvement. If the concerns are fairly recent, then you should see the body recover more quickly.
I hope that I have demystified the visit to a holistic practitioner. If you have any questions that I have not addressed, please let me know.
Until next time,
This morning I awoke with a startling vision in my head. I am sharing this as a personal insight, not as a theological revelation. Remember in the Old Testament story of Samson, when Samson put his hands on the philistine temple columns, and asked God to ‘one more time’ let him have vengeance on his […]
This morning I awoke with a startling vision in my head. I am sharing this as a personal insight, not as a theological revelation.
Remember in the Old Testament story of Samson, when Samson put his hands on the philistine temple columns, and asked God to ‘one more time’ let him have vengeance on his enemies? We know that the philistines were an enemy people but we also know that the gods of the philistines were the inspiration to the temple. ..
Samson not only did this as his final act, but he also was very unconventional. He is known as a Judge of Israel, and he is known for doing the unconventional. You can look it up in the book of Judges chapter 15, but in a nutshell, he took some foxes and tied their tails together (two by two) and put a ‘firebrand’ between their tails, set the firebrands alight and set them free in a field. The foxes were frightened, and ran through the crop, burning down the business. Now, today, the PETA people would be up in arms. I am NOT suggesting that Samson did a humane thing. I am suggesting that he accomplished results.
Another time, he took the jaw bone of an ass and used it as an offensive weapon. The Philistines were come out against the Jewish people, and the people were moaning to Samson to do something. He took what was to hand, a jawbone, and he slew 1000 of the enemy camp. Very unconventional, yet very powerful.
In a similar way today the architecture of Washington DC is symbolic of our political culture. In my waking moments, I saw Mr. D. J. Trump in a Samsonesque pose, with his hands on the columns of the political establishment, encompassing both sides of the aisle.
Could it be that Mr. Trump, (regardless of his negatives) is ‘for such a time as this? Let’s look at two Biblical historical patterns:
- Samson was a womanizer (as some claim Trump is), yet, God used him to destroy corruption. I think it might be interesting to note that both Samson and Trump have had ‘hair issues’;
- Esther was an outsider, yet she delivered her people from annihilation. She was thrust into a political system that she was not a part of. She was of the wrong race, the wrong gender to have any merit in that atmosphere, but God…
None of us really know any of these candidates. All we know is what the media shows us. It is very immature and small minded for any of us to put ourselves in any ‘’never” camp. That being said, I do think that we can all agree that our political “good ole boy” network needs a shakeup. If anything, the past four years (and maybe beyond) have shown us that the people in Washington on both sides of the aisle cannot work together and cannot get things accomplished.
God is amazing. This is not the first time that He has used the ‘jawbone of an ass’ to accomplish His purposes. Maybe (with apologies to Mr Trump) He is getting ready to do so again.
Until next time,
In our busy, gotta slay the dragon world, let’s be sure to remember the little things.
The kind word,
The encouraging note or card,
It doesn’t take long… Just a minute
or two…. But it makes a world of difference
to someone’s day…
Be a world changer— someone else’s!
Until next time,
This is the question that some political candidates and pundits are asking. I don’t know if it is rigged, but I would suggest that it is antiquated. I heard on the news this morning that most of the rules have not been changed in 160 years. Now I like stability as much as the next person, but let’s consider what this means…..
A century and a half ago, there was no internet, and there was very little personal transportation. The automobile came on the scene in 1886, and that was only 130 years ago. Without personal transportation, local primaries and selection of delegates were of paramount importance. Most people had horses, and they could travel around their districts, but it would have been a hardship for most of them to get to a state capital. It would have been incumbent upon the ‘Party” to have representatives who could go to the state conventions and declare the will of the people who voted in the local primaries.
There was certainly no internet, as Al Gore had not been born yet. I know he takes credit for inventing the internet (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnFJ8cHAlco) , and that is somewhat my point.
Because we have very fast modes of personal transportation, and even faster web presences, maybe the local primary and delegate selection is somewhat passé? I for one, am exhausted by the current process that takes approximately eighteen months to two years. Yes, in the past, we have needed that much time to hear from everyone in this huge nation. However, I believe that we might be better served to have a shorter election season, say approximately six months. In that time, each state could hold its election for its respective parties, and we could come to a convention and ultimately to an election without having experienced political fatigue.
Seriously, what will we hear in the next seven months that we have not already heard in the past year? The silly season will be upon us, (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/silly%20season) and who has time for that. I daresay that most of the American population has made up its mind as to what candidate should represent it in November.
I understand that we have about twenty-two states and territories that have not cast their votes, and I am certainly not willing to shortcut their process. However, I would suggest that we as a nation would be better serve to condense the election cycle and possibly omit the delegate selection due to the advanced nature of current communication options.
- Everyone has the ability via transportation to make his voice heard;
- Social media/cable news/network news brings the matters at hand to every consumer in lightning fast speed;
- Do we really need Super Delegates and Party bosses nominating people to speak for ‘we the people”? Surely, We the People have found our voice….
Until next time,